e x p r e s s i c a

ruby on rails, business and technicalities

No public Twitter messages.

• RSS
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Simple Captcha reloaded

Hi all,

After really long time, I have started the further development for enhancements on the plugin Simple Captcha. Keep an eye here… You will gonna find nice things. I have some really required, useful and cool things to implement and get it to the version 2.0 with all things incorporated in that. There are a lot of things to be committed by the version 2.0… meanwhile there will be 1.x versions with one-two features added in each version.

I am also planning to move the homepage as a separate page from a simple blog post… So, that it can be a centralized page for the reference.

8 Responses so far.

1. Bill Gates says:

I suppose that you will be using our silverlight for this purpose. Correct?

2. sur says:

Hey Bill,

That’s a secret and you will get to know on the release. :P

3. markiss says:

Good, couse with rails 2.0.1:

=> Booting Mongrel (use ‘script/server webrick’ to force WEBrick)
    => Rails application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
    => Call with -d to detach
    => Ctrl-C to shutdown server
    ** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
    ** Starting Rails with development environment…
    Exiting
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.1/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:16: warning: already initialized constant OPTIONS
    /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.1/lib/commands/servers/mongrel.rb:19: undefined method `options’ for []:Array (NoMethodError)
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `gem_original_require’
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:32:in `require’
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:496:in `require’
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.0.1/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in’
    from /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.0.1/lib/commands/server.rb:39
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require’
    from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require’

4. subho says:

I am trying to download the Simple Captcha but I didnt get a single download link. Can anybody help? Thnks in advance.

5. Di says:

I am VERY new to rubyonrails. I’ve created one form. I now need to add captcha to that form. I made it as far as >> rake simple_captcha:setup_old. We are running rails 1.1.6. I got “command not found”. It appeared (to my untrained eye) that everything prior to that ran fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

6. sur says:

@subho
    I guess I missed your comment… Please visit the page http://expressica.com/simple_captcha

@Di
    Have you installed the plugin properly ?
    Please check out the directory vendor/plugins/simple_captcha directory, if its not there or the directory is empty download the plugin from the page mentioned above and put it into the vendor/plugins directory.

7. Di says:

The simple_captcha directory was there but empty. I downloaded the contents and tried again. I received the same “command not found”.

Would >> rake simple_captcha:setup_old also be run from the application root (or in my limited understand …/www/rails$)?

Thank you!

8. sur says:

@Di

I tried it on rails 1.1.6, running perfectly on my end.
    I am not able to reproduce the error.

Sponsors